Thursday, January 22, 2009

Slow and Painful

So things around here have been slow and painful lately. The adoption process has been extremely SLOWWWWWW and I hadn't been able to get ahold of our social worker to find out what was going on. So after like 2 weeks of me calling and calling, I finally left her a nice but firm voicemail to her and her boss about her not calling me back. Well, 15 minutes later she calls me back! DOH!!! Anyways, she tells me that she has been out with pneumonia or something but she was back at work. And basically I think she got demoted but she said her "job duties had shifted" and that her only job right now was to focus on writing up homestudies from our class. She told me that she would have to be out again but that she hoped to have them done soon and she would call me next week. So she better call me next week with some pleasant news!!! Or I'm going to be pissed!!

Our hardwood flooring is going down extremely slow as well. We finally got the kitchen and bathroom finished I think. Josh and my brother made some good progress on the hardwood last night so I'm hoping that it won't be too much longer. I'm going insane feeling like I'm trapped inside a small box. I NEED a bigger house!!!!

So, Josh and I have been thinking recently about where we want to be in our lives. Where we want to settle down and raise our kids. We love Lexington for the most part but Josh's job hasn't been the grandest. But we haven't decided anything and for now we are definitely staying here. Tuesday night, I went to my first AAPC meeting, or my first coder's meeting. I meet my professor there and she introduced me to some people trying to get me a job. I had met this lady once before because she works at St. Joe and she told me about a position that I needed to apply for. So, I did and even emailed the manager letting him know that this director had told me to apply. haha I'm definitely not counting my eggs in one basket yet but I'm hoping that something will work out soon. I like my job for the most part but I really love coding and want to put my education to good use!!

No comments: