Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Coconut Cake

I recently started cooking more and more slowly. And I decided to share one of Josh's favorite receipes. This is from Mamaw Potter. I don't like coconut but Josh RAVES about it :)

Coconut Cake



1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 4oz vanilla instant pudding
1 1/3 cups water
4 eggs
¼ c oil
2 c coconut
1 c walnuts or pecans

Blend cake mix, pudding, water oil and eggs on medium speed for 4 minutes. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Flour pan and bake at 350 degrees.


ICING

1 tsp vanilla
4 tbs butter
2 c coconut
1 8oz cream cheese
2 tsp milk
3 ½ c conf. sugar

Melt 2 tbs butter & ¼ cup coconut at a time on stove until brown. Stir continuously. Then mix remaining ingredients together and spread over cake.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, that looks so yummy!! I don't like nuts or coconuts so I would never make it, lol. I bet that is something Brandon would enjoy though!