So, I'm finally coming over to blogger, but I don't know that many people on here yet...but here's my first post...
So, I watched a thing on the Today show a few years ago that said women that who multitasks (especially mothers) are more likely to have ADHD. I would have to say that if this is true, then I have a severe case of ADHD. As a kid, I was not a very hyper child (that was my brother) and I don't think my parents ever worried that I might have this problem. But this is the last semester of school and I definitely have spread myself thin. Not only do I have a full load of classes, I also have a job that is currently part-time but really should be full-time so I'm working doubly hard to get caught up. Also, Josh and I have been trying to adopt and that in itself is a lot of work. But my point is that I catch myself jumping from one thing to the next now. I will be working on my homework and then I think oh I could put in a load of laundry, dishes, ect while I'm doing this. Then while I'm up I will start the laundry but then I see paper that needs to be picked up. Then that will remind me that I needed to look something online so I will go back to my computer, only to see my homework and remember that I don't have much time so I have to get that done. Then the process starts all over again...so yeah I definitely think I have ADHD or I'm just a normal overworked person who has too much on her plate.
This leads me to the point that I often think that we automatically try to diagonsis people with some kind of disease whenever it's really just life. I think we especially do this with children or mental issues. It's just some food for thought and a pet peeve of mine.....
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I totally agree about diagnosing kids and even adults with diseases right away! That definitely irritates me.
Glad to see you blogging over here now :)
I know the feeling but I have to agree that it's not ADHD. I had similar experiences when I was in college and even now if I have a lot of projects at work I end up just moving back and forth between them and not really getting anything done.
I agree as well...I don't think it's ADHD b/c I know I feel the same way MOST of the time! It spreading yourself way to thin...and by the way congratulations on trying to adopt!
not sure why this is posting as matt but it's rebekah
Post a Comment