Monday, February 23, 2009

And the winner is....

who gets there first of course!! Now, let me you the story of where that comes from.

So, Josh & I recently opened a new account for our savings that has an interest rate of about 4%. So, I went to our other bank to withdrawl our money from that. While not a huge amount it was a nice chunk of change. So I go in and I ask the teller how much is the account and if I could close the account without Josh there. The teller told me that I couldn't and so I said ok how much can I get out then? And so she asked the teller next to her about it and he said "Is it a joint account? (Yes) Then Oh no, she can close it out if she wants. It's whoever gets here first." And I had to sniffle back a laugh because I knew what he was getting at. So, the lady teller had me go talk to one of the managers or something and he closed it out without a problem. But while I was sitting there I could over hear the two tellers talking and him telling her that in cases of separation or divorce, it's whoever gets there first. lol I thought it was kinda funny b/c they kept asking me questions like "why? did we do something wrong?, ect." And I would only give them one word answers. lol


On another note though, I have been having some problems with my bladder lately and now have to go see a urologist and have a cystoscope (a bladder scope) done. :( I started some new meds to see if they will help but pray that it's nothing major and that I am just having chronic bladder spasms.

2 comments:

Josh said...

*Makes mental note to open savings account ONLY IN MY NAME* hehe

Mary said...

HAHA You'd have no money to put in it. I'm not concerned.