Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wicked Witch of the West....(long)

So, I normally try not to post stuff like this but I really need to rant.

It all started yesterday. Well, it started before that but not the stuff I need to rant about. So, yesterday started pretty calm because I didn't have to be to work until 12. But I got up and decided that I would go in early because I knew I had a lot of stuff to get done. So, I made it to work around 10:30 or so. So, about 12, this woman I work are going to lunch. She always tells our boss, aka Wicked Witch of the West, that we are going to lunch. Well apparently she's not really paying attention because she doesn't realize I'm going too. So, I get back from taking my 15-20 min lunch (I never take a full lunch) and the WWW says to me standing by the copier, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" To which I reply, "I've been at lunch."
WWW: "Well I needed you."
ME: "Ok, what do you need."
WWW: "Nothing NOW! I needed copies and you wasn't here."
ME: "Well, we said we were going to lunch."
WWW: "Well, I didn't realize YOU was going too. I need to go pick up my dog from the groomers, but I had to make these copies before I left. You need to start CHECKING IN with me before we have meetings in case I need copies."
ME: *THINKING* "WTF lady??"

But so, whatever I was like ok, I will start checking in with you. So later that day we were in a meeting.
WWW: "Mary, I need you to stay late and help me with this."
ME: "Ok."

5 mins later in the meeting.
WWW: "Mary, I need to stay late and help me with this." (same thing)
ME: *THINKING* Ok, how many times do I need to say it???
So, I stay late and all I do is stand over top of her while she does it, (she does not need my help) and play gopher between her and another manager in the office next door.


So flashback a few weeks ago, and she told the girl that used to be secretary to quit announcing where she was going. Now flash forwarded to today.

I'm in the stock room, getting stock because it was a job that was recently given to me. Although, we have a stock clerk, somehow it's now my job. So, I'm dealing with a bunch of people calling me gripping that they need stock. So, I'm getting it together and I realize I needed my scissors. So I go back to get my scissors and...
WWW: "I NEED A PIECE OF PAPER MARY"
ME: "Ok, what kind?"
WWW: "A NICE PIECE OF PAPER!! Whatever is fine!"
ME: Walks over gets a piece out of the drawer and hands it to her.
WWW: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I NEED SOMETHING BRIGHT"
ME: Hands her a bright piece of green paper.

So, I go back to the stock room and finish taking supplies to all the floors that I need to. I come back and WWW is in a meeting but her door is open. Again, I get another email that someone else needs more floor stock. So, I go back out to deliver that so I can get it all done so I will have time to do other stuff that I need to do. After returning from that another manager pulls me aside and says "Mary, when you leave you need to let WWW know where you are going. Even if it is to go pee."
Apparently, WWW needed me once more and I was not there standing by her side. So then when I had to leave to come home, I also had to send her an email to let her know that I'm leaving.

OMG! I've just had enough of that woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot say that enough. Sorry, so long but I needed to just get that off my chest before I killed her or someone else.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aww, sorry you have had a rough couple of days. I hope it gets better for you.